Bringing the power of integrated cancer care to the Northwest.
What Is Medical Oncology?
Why Choose Summit for Medical Oncology Treatments?
At Summit, our mission is to provide exceptional, compassionate, and comprehensive cancer care to every patient. We offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary cancer care by providing a full range of services—from complete diagnostic services to physician supervised treatment plans tailored to each patient’s unique needs.
Constant communication is a key part of our integrated treatment approach. Summit’s board-certified Medical Oncologists work very closely with your entire care team to provide therapies that minimize the side effects of chemotherapy and other treatments. Summit provides comprehensive consultations in oncology and hematology to all of our patients prior to the beginning of any treatment. We provide on-site chemotherapy at each of our locations.
Our multidisciplinary cancer care services include:
- Comprehensive consultations in oncology and hematology
- On-site chemotherapy infusion services at North Spokane, Spokane Valley, Post Falls, Meridian and regional satellite locations
- Radiation therapy treatments
- Complete laboratory services, including hematology, chemistry, and urinalysis
- PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography/ Computed Tomography) diagnostic imaging
- Scalp cooling system to help reduce hair loss from chemotherapy
Second Opinion Consultations
Our oncologists are available for rapid second opinion consultations. Exploring a second opinion can help you make a more informed decision about cancer treatment. Second opinions are typically covered by major insurance plans.
Learn more about our rapid second opinion consultations.
Scalp Cooling Caps to Help Reduce Hair Loss
Summit Cancer Centers is one of only a handful of cancer treatment facilities in the U.S. to offer the Paxman Scalp Cooling System. The Scalp Cooling System cap functions by reducing the patient’s scalp temperature immediately before, during and after a chemotherapy treatment. The cooling reduces blood flow to hair follicles, which helps to prevent or minimize the hair loss.